Thursday, June 23, 2011

See... This is unruly.

Hold on trap. Obviously a dancer did not put those shoes on. FIRST OF ALL she isn’t on her box like at all. SECOND OF ALL she isn’t turned out… like at all? THIRD OF ALL lord knows that is not how you tie your ribbons if you want to KEEP YOUR ANKLES FROM BREAKING.
Someone said this was beautiful. It made me angry.

Okay. I just ranted about this on Tumblr. This, is just annoying. The person wearing these shoes CAN'T be an actual ballet dancer. FIRST OF ALL she isn't on her box like at all. SECOND OF ALL she isn't turned out... like at all? THIRD OF ALL lord knows that is not how you tie your ribbons if you want to KEEP YOUR ANKLES FROM BREAKING. Someone said this was beautiful. It made me angry.

While I wan ranting and raving about this picture, I got to thinking about how many people "claim" to be dancers. I think I was on Twitter one day and someone tweeted that everyone is a dancer now and that it's getting cliche. UGH. I hate those people that think because the pop their a** that they're actually dancers. I take a lot of pride in my art; not only because I'm good at it, but because it's something that I've invested so much of my time into. I've been dancing for almost thirteen out of my sixteen years of living. Too see people claim their something their not makes me cringe a little. I'm the type of person to stand up for something I believe in when it's talked against. I don't think being a dancer is cliche because NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ONE. "It takes and athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer."

*Sorry about my dance raves. I've been going on and on here and on Tumblr & Twitter. I think I'm just excited because I start my summer intensive next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment