Friday, July 29, 2011

Stop The Black on Black Crime!

I was scrolling through my tumblr and this is what I saw. Ignorance. I'm ashamed that people of my own kind (black) take part in this war within ourselves - light skin vs. dark skin. I really just don't understand. Black people always want to be the first to say or remind others that we were once a surpressed people, but to turn around and hold yourselves back? It's insane. All skin is beautiful, whether it's dark skin, light skin, white skin, whatever. It's already difficult to be black in America, why add the numbers going against you because your fellow competitor has dark skin and you don't. How does that even make sense? It doesn't, and I'm glad I surround myself with teens that agree with me. The black on black crime is unnecessary nonsense, whether it be just verbal or physical. It needs to stop. We need to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment