Friday, July 1, 2011

If you don't like what you see, CHANGE IT.

I haven't really been blogging because I've been busy with Deeply Rooted and taking care of my body. Last night however, my class sat down with Nikki (the director of the program) for Real Talk Thursdays. Now earlier that day, our ballet class was... well beyond our level. It discouraged some of my fellow dancers because that class was a total bust for pretty much EVERYBODY. Bascially, the class was designed to be a wake up call to show us that we need to go back to basics before we can get to the "fluff" that wow's that audience.

Let me get more general -
You can't let yourself get so caught up in the future and how you want things to be, and never put in the work for it. Sitting and staring at the person next to you do things you want to do won't help you get there. You'd still be sitting there staring at them instead of getting to work on yourself. Nikki has a fabulous quote:
"if you don't like what you see, change it."
Now, at first I was like 0__o really now? But it all makes sense. Honestly, there's no reason for you to not be able to change what you see about yourself if you don't like it. At the same time however, you have to be able to realize that it's not all going to happen at the snap of a finger. You need to make a commitment to yourself to get what you want. In this world, nothing is just given to you. And you can't give up. Why focus on the other person? They're doing what they gotta do to get what they want, so FOCUS ON YOU and do what you gotta do.


Deeply Rooted is going to be an amazing experience for me as a dancer as well as just a teenage girl. Everything happens for a reason, and there's a reason why I ended up doing this intensive. It's currently 1:11am and I'm kind of something like exhausted. So I'll leave you with those words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment