Saturday, July 16, 2011

What else are friends for?

So, like everyone knows, I'm doing this strenuous dance program this summer called Deeply Rooted. Well yesterday I took a well needed break. Lately I've been feeling really stressed, and defeated, and just a mess. I figured getting some fresh air wouldn't hurt and it'd do me more good than sitting in the house all day. So I headed downtown to meet up with a friend of mine. Now, I haven't seen like any of my friends since Deeply started and he's one of the people who I've genuinely missed... a lot. We didn't do anything spectacular seeing as how downtown was super dead yesterday, but now that I think of it... we never really do anything spectacular when we hang out. We always just walk and sit and talk. We did go shopping for his little sister though. :)

Let me just say this now, I like him. He's easy to talk to and just a whole lot of fun. I also get the feeling that he's always looking out for me. Okay well, not always, but a lot. He reads into my actions way more than any of my other friends do, so he's always asking me what's wrong. He's willing to help me out, whether he's being my "doctor" lol, or willing to help me find a job. He's a sweetie pie. That's not something I'm used to getting, from a guy anyway. I appreciate that.

While we were walking yesterday, we walked past this homeless guy who asked him if I was his queen and that if I was, I'm a keeper. Then this other guy, who's an up-and-coming rapper, asked if he could holla at his girl. I didn't know that two people walking together meant they were in a relationship? Then we went and sat in the park, not even on no romantic stuff, even though sitting in the park sounds super corny haha. We were just chillin' on a bench, talking and laughing. Everything with him is just chill, and yesterday, I completely forgot about my emotional breakdown the night before and my feelings and how sad I've been.

It feels good to have a person who can do that for you. I'm glad I got to spend the afternoon with Jade. He gave me what I needed, without even knowing. He's a good friend.



But hopefully by the end of this.... ;)
Lmfao I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment