Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rest In Peace Rodney Kyles

I can't believe what is going on right now. I wake up this morning and check twitter (my usual routine) and I see everyone saying R.I.P. Rodney. Now I'm hoping this isn't the Rodney Kyles that I used to see like everyday at school. The one who I'm following on Tumblr. The one who is typically being RT'd into my timeline... but it is. Rodney was stabbed in the chest in Lincoln Park this morning at some party during a fight. This is just unreal to me. I need to get out of this city. I love Chicago with all my heart but the crime rate seems to be going no where but up. This is someone A LOT of my friends are close to. We're too young to have to bury our friends like this. It's not even like Rodney was the "not do anything" type of guy. Based off of his Tumblr, he knew what he wanted and he was making moves to get there. He just dropped a mixtape Less Passion, More Ration a couple weeks ago. I'm about to download it and put it on my ipod. I'm not sure if it's any good, but I'll keep it on there.

I need to leave this city. I need to get out. I can't deal with the crime that this city is just putting up with. People are getting killed left and right. Nothing is changing. I'm only about to be a junior in high school, I can't be here for two more years with the death rate climbing like it is. I have a little sister that is my everything. I don't want to worry about losing that little girl.

Life is too fucking short for the bullshit, and that's real. I'm tired of motherfuckers dying. Rest in peace Rodney. Your family and friends have my deepest condolences.

No comments:

Post a Comment