Thursday, August 4, 2011

What happened to romance? Seriously, I know I'm only in high school but I'm sure it had to exist more than it does now. Maybe it's just me, but finding someone remotely close to feeling you on an emotional level is kind of rare. All people want to do it have sex. C'mon now, what are the romantics like me supposed to do? Sit around and be single until I leave for college? At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up happening to me. Where are all the people that love doing sweet things for people just because they know it'd make them happy? I feel as if I watch too much television or something because teenage romance just doesn't seem real at this point.

Sometimes I feel as if I have to put in all the effort when it comes to guys. If I don't text them, we don't talk. I don't need that. I'd just appreciate being appreciated. Lately, I've been feeling a lack of appreciation. Not appreciating my time. Not appreciating my feelings. Not appreciating me. So, f*ck it. I'll just keep watching the movies.

Three cheers for the hopeless romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment