Thursday, November 3, 2011

Speak your mind

For me personally, speaking my mind is very difficult for me when I'm vulnerable. In other cases I always feel as if I have a valid opinion and can argue my case as much as I want.

Sometimes I'm really good with words. When someone asks me for advice, I'm really good with offering good insight and telling someone what they need to hear. When it's my thoughts and my feelings I need to get across to someone on my own, however, I need to go over it in my head billions of times to make sure they get my point. I don't want to say that wrong thing and have a person get the wrong idea.

One thing I absolutely hate is getting treated. Like seriously treated. Sometimes I'm so afraid of someone's reaction that I just keep everything I really want to say inside because I don't want to know their answer.

That's where I go wrong.

I need to practice just saying what I have to say. My opinion is valid, and beating around the bush is too annoying and confusing to want to continue a conversation. I can't be afraid of the truth. Not anymore.

Starting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment